Genre: Romantic Suspense
Birthday: 12 – 28 (Not giving up the year
Place of Birth: Bucyrus, Ohio
Education/Writer’s Associations: Moody Bible Institute / Oh my … ACFW, RWA/FHL, Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers, International Thriller Writers, Sisters in Crime, Texas Inspirational Writers Alive
Marital Status: Married to Dean
Children: 4 Adult Sons; 3 perfect and beautiful grandchildren
Fav Color, Flower, Food: Green, Yellow Rose, salad
Fav Reads or Authors: Joel Rosenberg, David Baldacci, Harlen Coben, Steven James,
Other Book Titles: http://www.diannmills.com/books/
Airport Ranger volunteer Stacy Broussard expected a peaceful Saturday morning ride around the perimeter of Houston’s airport. What she encounters instead is a brutal homicide and a baffling mystery. Next to the body is an injured dog, the dead man’s motorcycle, and a drone armed with a laser capable of taking down a 747.
Though FBI Special Agent Alex LeBlanc sees a clear-cut case of terrorism, his past has taught him to be suspicious of everyone, even witnesses. Even bleeding-heart veterinarians like Stacy. But when her gruesome discovery is only the first in a string of incidences that throw her life into a tailspin, Alex begins to wonder if Stacy was targeted. As a health emergency endangers Stacy’s community, and the task force pulls in leads from all directions, Alex and Stacy must work together to prevent another deadly encounter.
Every Writer’s Journey
- What did you discover about yourself and/or God through writing the characters in this book? The gift of forgiving myself. We’re often way too hard on ourselves.
- Reading—love it or hate it? Your current read? Love it! A fiction: Scattered Links by
- Writing—what was your Goal as a beginning writer? To have a book published and reach others for Christ. Goal today? To have a book made into a movie and reach others for Christ.
- Inspiration—how do you maintain it for the long haul of writing a novel? Novel writing is my calling, my ministry. There is my inspiration.
- Pantser or Plotter? What’s your process? Both! I have an overall idea and a few scenes in mind, but how I get there is the journey and adventure.
- Music, Quiet or other? What’s your best writing environment? Anywhere.
- Hobby or Activity when you want to chill? Cook or Read
- What’s your no-fail creativity charger or how do you defeat writer’s block? I don’t have a problem with writer’s block. If I find myself questioning a character’s actions, I’ll write another scene and come back to it.
- One thing every aspiring writer should develop for the long run of being an author. A strong, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Tough skin!
- In what aspect of writing are you pursuing growth this year? Deepening characterization.
- What’s your next writing project? Finishing up Book Three in the FBI Task Force series Genre and Working Title: Romantic Suspense – Blood Oath.
- Why is this genre important to you? It’s what I do – helping others see there is hope in a scary world. The second book in the series, Deep Extraction, is an April 2017 release.
- An organization or ministry you are connected with that we should know about. My church: http://www.championforest.org/ My heart is linked to the plight of the Southern Sudanese.
- Giveaway? Absolutely! A personalized or an e-copy of Deadly Encounter – Book One FBI Task Force Series